DScaler Forum Index DScaler
Support Forum for the DScaler project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DScaler and overlay surface
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BD

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solution I found to resolve the overlay error was to change in the "Settings"->"General Hardware Setup" to
"DScaler & other softwares - priority given to DScaler"

I change that at 1 hour ago and until now the error did not appear again.

[]'s
BD
BD

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the error appear again
Sorry

[]'s
BD
noisound2

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a geforce go 7900 gs and regularly use 1920x1200 widescreen resolution. when i try to start up dscaler 4.1.15, it shows me the error box that others are having too, "Your video card doesn't appear to support overlays, which DScaler requires."

i tried closing the programs that use overlay,
Anonymous wrote:
Windows Media Player
Netmeeting
Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing (enabled mode)
but when dscaler still didnt work i restarted my computer. i tried to start dscaler again but the same problem happens.

there could be some other cause to this problem, such as other software which i have yet to pinpoint, but what jordimra suggested worked for me. i changed my desktop resolution to 1680x1050 and i can open dscaler. if i try 1920x1080 dscaler will still not work. i havent tried clocking down my card as Warfish suggested, but i assume its stock speed and dont think thats the problem.
Mao

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys!
At first, I'd like to apologize for my English. I'm from Germany and just had some English school lessons. I chose to write in English anyway because I thought I would reach more people with my question.
I get this "Can't use overlay" error when starting DScaler, too. I've to admit I used K!Tv till some days ago, when I replaced my old Ati 9800 graphics card with a newer model (Ati HD 3450). Since then I got an overlay error with K!Tv and so I tried to use DScaler - didn't hear of it before googling for another TV software. Actually I now would prefer using DScaler. But same problem here. The newest graphics card drivers are already installed and no other program which could allocate the overlay is running. Another software I tried (ChrisTV) is crashing my whole system at once while starting.

Do you know any other things I could try to get DScaler working?

Kind regards,
Markus
chuki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Can't create Overlay Surface Reply with quote

Sory. I revive this thread.

Before DScaler works fine for me.

Now I change my video card from AGP Creative NVidia Vanta 6950 16 MB RAM to AGP XFX GForce V4408X 64 MB RAM and I receive the message "Can't create Overlay Surface error 8..."

System: Processor Intel Pentium III Coppermine 866 MHz. 384 MB RAM. Mainboard Gigabyte GA-TUC VIA-ALI. OS Windows XP RTM 2002. DirectX 8.1 DScaler 4.1.15 Pinnacle Miro PCTV Rave bt 878.

AGP bus is 2x, but GForce says need 4 or 8x minimum. However system operates OK with new video card, but not DScaler.

Help...
vivs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

W7 / VISTA stores another conf. file for DSCALER: AppData/Roaming/Dscaler4/dscaler.ini.
To avoid overlay mode in DScaler (witch causes Overlay error starting DSCALER), change OutputMethod=0 to OutputMethod=1.
That's all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DScaler Forum Index -> DScaler Support Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: