DScaler Forum Index DScaler
Support Forum for the DScaler project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ChrisTV sucks.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sudharshan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: ChrisTV sucks. Reply with quote

Big time guys! I have been using Dscaler ever since i got my PixelView tv tuner card last year and found the software to be crappy(thats a compliment to that piece of s***). My comp at home is an old P3 workhorse (800 Mhz) with 192 Megs of RAM. I got tired of Dscaler consuming all my processing power yesterday and decided to find alternatives. After some poor Googling (I have to classify this as poor because i found ChrisTV as a result), I discovered ChrisTV, touted to be the holy grail of tv tuner software with lthe lowest processing power requirements ever (yeah right).

It was 30 day trialware and I thought "hey if people are really buying this, it must work pretty well". A 2 MB download and a fast installation later, I found myself staring at a help window and the configuration dialog. That was it dudes and dudettes. I goofed around for 30 minutes getting Chris to see my channels (on Dscaler, Australian Cable Frequencies works like a charm for Indian channels). Chris just refuses to see my channels and it has a 30 DAY TRIALWARE on the tv screen to boot. So i thought "to hell with this piece of c***" and uninstalled it.

This episode has prompted me to post this. I registered on this forum for this very reason.

until the next one....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DScaler Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: